How Do I Feel About My Job

I was asked by my tax partner about how I feel about my job so far till now during the monthly payday one to one meeting today. You guys must be wondering why my tax partner has these one to one meetings every month just to distribute the pay cheques. I guess her purpose is to find out how we are getting on our jobs, and are there any stressful or unhappy things that we wish to voice out to her. Secondly, I guess she does not like to go through the hassle to hire new staff and have to train them all over again. To me, I feel that this is a good boss that always take the opportunity to take care and show concern for their staff. I guess this is due to my boss is Chinese-educated & values people.

I was told by her personally that I
will be trained by my manager & senior to get more exposure in corporate taxation. This was exactly what I wrote in my resume when I applied for the post. I am always learning new stuff everyday, thanks to my manager and senior.


As some of you may have known that the DBS Orchard Liat Towers branch closed some time ago. It meant that I have to go to Takashimaya, Plaza Singapura, Centrepoint or Suntec City to deposit my pay cheque. One of my colleague was asking me why I didn't drop the cheque at Takashimaya during lunch time. She said, " 你不缺钱用?“ I replied her I have discplined myself to make it a point to save for rainy days. I guessed my boss heard what I said, and said, "Paul, 这是很好的, 以后谁做你的老婆的女生,不必愁.“ This is so embarrassing.

I always believe in saving for a rainy day, especially at my age, where marriage may come by anytime as some of my friends found out. It is also not cheap to get married in Singapore if one is thinking to have a wedding dinner. Coupled with housing , its renovations and honeymoon, the sum would be huge. This does not include the rings or wedding bands. It also depend on how lavish the married couple wants their wedding to be. For me, I guess, it will be very simple. If I can skip the wedding dinner, all the better, as I do not want my mum to pay for me for the wedding, if possible.
But it seems I may not be able to skip the dinner as I am the oldest grandchild in my family.

I guess as the Chinese saying goes, "船到桥头,自然直.“ I will think about it when the time comes.







Comments

Dalicia said…
actually, it's really about what both couple can afford. you end up with a girl that wants an elaborate wedding, 2 karat diamond ring and what not. since most guys are blinded by love. they'll let her have things her way. despite the cost. so, you never know that can happen.

anyways, i'm happy with what i have. sure i don't have a husband. but you know, that's what happiness is all about. surely it would be nice to have it all. but everything has consequences.

shit, imagine me have to deal with the in laws. or maybe my husband turns out to be a devil in disguise???
Jasmine Lee said…
I am a romantic, so i would say, get married first and solve all the problems together later.
Paul said…
Dalicia: I agree on the part where u said "it's really about what both couple can afford. you end up with a girl that wants an elaborate wedding, 2 karat diamond ring and what not. since most guys are blinded by love. they'll let her have things her way. despite the cost. so, you never know that can happen." because this is something that a friend of mine is experiencing now.

Jasmine:I hope to be able to do that for my future wife. Marriage is not only a union of 2 people but with their friends & family as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings