Meet Up With Long Time Net Friend

I was at the Scarlet Hotel last night to meet up with my long-time net friend, Tracey from Malaysia. It was my first time meeting her after knowing her through ICQ since my army days. She is here for the first time and is here as her new employer had sent her here for some training for these two weeks.

Using my powerful knowledge of buses, I managed to get to the hotel by bus within half an hour from Orchard Road, therefore avoiding 3 ERP gantries if I were to take a cab there.She was at the lobby of the hotel within 10 mins after I called her. She gave me pork floss from Malaysia as a gift.

She requested to go to Chinatown as she wanted to try the food at the Chinatown market & buy bak kwa at Lim Chee Guan (林志源). As I didn't have the chance to show her around Singapore during her stay here, and in appreciation of the pork floss from her, I paid for the bak kwa that she bought for her family.

We spent the time chatting about our new jobs, our past griveances on our old jobs, and many other topics. How we wish that the time had not passed so fast and yesterday was Friday and not Thursday as we really chatted a lot.

I have invited her to come to Singapore again on a tour basis and promised to show her around where possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings