Tour of The West of Singapore

centreSENJA

My mum and I had to change our location of our weekly prayer session this week to the SSA branch at Senja as we had to attend the karaoke 观摩会 organised by my dad's singing coach, Ms Lim Li Ying at Boon Lay CC. I must say that these 2 places are what I always called "the place where birds don't lay eggs."

This was my 3rd visit to the Senja branch. I decided to try a new way to get there as it was a hassle to take a bus to AMK or Bishan MRT, switch to MRT, then to LRT, then take a 10 min walk from the station to there. I found out that the new way which I took, my usual bus service 74 to Bukit Timah King Albert Park, then switch to Service 961 at King Albert Park & alighting at the Ten Mile Junction bus stop was much faster.

Had lunch at Ten Mile Junction's Seng Siong's food court. I saw my ex poly bookstore seller there again. I saw her at Bukit Panjang Plaza the last time when I visited the Senja Centre the last time. She was there to help out her friend at the food court stall. Its a surprise that she still recognises me after 8 years since I graduated.

Had a quick prayer session before we headed off to Boon Lay CC. Made the wrong choice of taking Service 178 to Boon Lay Interchange as it went round & round the Jurong & Boon Lay area. Was late for half an hour but the fortunate thing was my dad had not reached his turn to sing yet.

After the concert, Ms Lim actually explained to us the purpose of the event was to help the students overcome their fear of singing in front of an audience, and not always to be "bathroom singers". In fact, the audience were asked to stay after the dinner so as to make the $5 ticket worthwhile, but my brother and I decided not to stay on as he was tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings