Meeting With Boss

images

dengleyoudeng - Kit

My dept had a meeting with my boss today. In the meeting, my boss highlighted on the ongoing credit crunch and the technical recession that Singapore & almost the whole world is going throughat this moment. I felt that she was trying to hint something like not to expect much bonus this year. I am defintely not expecting much as I joined this firm in March. Just don't like the way that she goes on & on harping about it, saying that it is worse than 1997 financial crisis and we may also face another Great Depression like 1929.

In the meeting, she also said that other dept heads were complaining that our dept were too noisy. Just feel that these guys are jealous about the great teamwork and rapport that we are having. As a result, these people are jealous of us.

I can say a lot of nasty things about the accounting, secretarial and audit teams that you guys are leading too. Why do you guys want to point fingers at me & my colleague? Is it because we are new here? New meaning in the firm for less than a year?  If not for the pay and the great teamwork, I guess we would not be here as there is in fact lesser benefits than what I used to have. In fact, nowadays I need a pillow to support my back as the positioning of my office table sux! It causes me to have backaches and shoulder aches now & then.

When you guys say people, please look at yourself in the mirror before telling to the dept head. One of the audit partners also talks as loud as us, sometimes I thought I was in a fish market. One accounting staff likes to gossip about people, listen to handphone radio during office hours. One auditor talks as if like the company needs her in order to survive. Accounting schedules are not compiled by auditors, making our dept's tasks difficult. Some of the audit staff need me, a part-time ACCA student, to teach them how to do accounting entry to ensure it complies with FRS. Some don't even check the schedules provided ties up with the accounts.

I am totally pissed.........

Comments

Dalicia said…
you should just focus on your work.
u said you wanted this job because of the great pay and teamwork. no matter where you work. you're going to be faced with this problem over and over again. i think you're being sensitive.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings