A Colleague With No Heart & A Colleague With A Heart

images

My boss had hired a cleaning company to shampoo the carpet for us on Sat. According to my manager, it is always a yearly affair before CNY that my boss would hire the company to shampoo the carpet. Its just that this year was a bit early as I guess my boss got the other cleaning company to do it. The reason should be a lower cost and it covered more areas as my office is big.

Having been warned that our chairs would be strewn around by our senior colleagues, I decided to get in to office early today. Anyway, it was raining so I took a cab into office.

I was glad that my chair was at its place, but my partner's chair was not. To prevent my partner having to search for her chair and push through the narrow space if I were to sit down, I decided to find for her and help her push in her chair before settling down on my seat.

Just as when I found the chair, a senior colleague passed by. She kept hurrying me to hurry up to push the chair in instead of helping me. The receptionist heard that she was shouting at me and decided to shout back at her by saying " He is not as fast as you, you keep asking people to be fast fast." I kept holding back my anger as I certainly don't want my Monday to be spoiled by certain people, nor I don't want to be reported to my bosses for showing bad attitude to senior staff as my bonus is coming soon. I don't want to jepordise my bonus & record because of this.

Wish to thank the colleague who came to my rescue and the colleague without a heart, I just wish to say, I don't know what to say about you. Really.

Comments

Shionge said…
Good to know that someone stood up for you. I know there are bullies in the workplace too.

You take care of yourself Paul.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings