Boss Faith In Me

I was asked to update my boss personal contact list book recently as she was complaining that the staff assigned the task was doing the updating too slowly. I heard from my boss that she had asked that person to help her with the updating since 2007, but to date, she has not done very much.

As I was quite new to the company, having joined in March last year, I was quite happy to help as it is actually my lax period for the time being as the tax filing documents have not come in yet. I got the input documents from that person. I thought the list was not properly updated thus explaining why my boss was fuming mad with that person. I managed to update the whole thing in about 2 weeks.

Little did I expect that the person told my bosses that Paul messed up the whole updating process. Fortunately for me, I have kept my boss and manager in the loop about the progress that i had been doing about this task. I suspected that the list that the person didn't give me a true copy of the list she updated in the first place.

Fortunately, my boss had the faith in me. She trusted that I had done my part. I guess keeping them in the loop is very useful lesson that I have learnt since the previous lessons from the previous firms. It shows that my boss is a very fair person and don't practise favourtism unlike my previous boss.

Comments

Shionge said…
What others do we must be careful and most important boss must have faith and trust.

Glad she has been kept in the loop, now you know this other colleauge just exercise caution when dealing with him/her.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings