Poor Planning Or Lack of Communication?

For the first time in my history of CNY house visiting, my family was forced to wait to visit my grandma as this year was very different. My grandma has been staying at a nursing home since a bad fall at her home late last year. As the Chinese saying goes, every house has a difficuit bible to read,(家家有本难念的经), we certainly did not expect that because of someone's indivdualistic and selfish action caused us to waste 6 hrs of our precious time, just to wait to visit my grandma.

If this relative had told us about his plans to bring grandma to his house for lunch in the first place, I am sure that the 6 hrs can be better utilised. Because of a person's selfish act, I had to miss a CNY night movie session with my friends, instead of sitting down, playing with Facebook Games and checking on sms.

I feel bad that I have to reject my friends, but since it is CNY, and my grandma had been in a bad state of health recently, coupled by the fact that she is in her advanced years, I felt that I should visit her as a firm of concern and respect.

I just hope that some people don't treat us as transparent as grandma is also our elder and not only theirs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings