First Day of Volunteer E-Filing Session

Yesterday, I was at The Serangoon CC to kickstart the 1st session of the volunteer e-filing session. There was an unexpected crowd of about 50 taxpayers waiting to file their tax returns, as a result, Paul didn't have the opportunity to take his toilet break. This was a small matter.

There were several hiccups, which I felt could be resolved if the volunteers (Please note that no names are mentioned) have been paying attention in the training sessions, and had not been late. This caused the session not to be running as smooth as what was expected to be. Due to these hiccups, Paul only managed to serve the last efiler at 6.30pm as I told the Centre Manager that it is not nice to ask them to come back the next day, as people might forget about it.

In the process of helping people to efile and solving the hiccups, I discovered that I should bring up this issue with regards to filing of tax returns for taxi drivers.

I noticed that some taxi drivers or volunteers have put their net earnings in the Gross Income or Turnover Box. This is wrong. If some of you are unsure what I am talking about, please refer to the illsturation below.

IMG_0001

The above computation is wrong as it is not possible to have net loss for a taxi driver, otherwise how is the taxi driver going to survive?

The correct way of computing is to put the net earnings per day as part of the Net Profit and work backwards by asking the taxi drivers, how much they spent on the following expenses:-

  • Diesel expenses
  • Car washing
  • Parking
  • ERP
  • Driving licence renewal
  • Taxi rental paid to cab company

After checking all of these, and getting the figures, we will add up together with the net profit, to get the gross income. Please refer to Illsturation below to see what I meant by this.

IMG_0002

I hope I will have a smooth session today, which I think it is possible as I will have my regular partner, Harris to assist me in the workstation duties today. We should be starting 15 mins early at 1.45pm, in view of the huge crowd anticipated.

See you at The Serangoon CC if you need help in efiling your taxes and is staying in the vicnity of Serangoon, Hougang, Ang Mo Kio & Potong Pasir.

Comments

Shionge said…
Thanks for the info, you don't over-stretch yourself too ya.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings