Job Scams

img_facil8

This post is a warning  for those people who are currently looking for a job, but can't find any at the moment due to the weak economic climate.

My brother had just graduated from poly, and is awaiting his enlistment into NS. In order not to allow him to waste his time idling around, my family wanted him to look for a job. He was scouring through the job advertisements in the newspapers and made some calls to these advertisers. But when he was down for the interview, it turned out that the companies were either marketing multi-level products or coercing people to buy timeshare products.

The fortunate thing is that my family has told my brother not to sign anything, no matter what the document is. He is supposed to bring it back to show us before we decide if it is alright for him to sign.

On a happy note, I was happy that my alma mater, Ngee Ann Polytechnic is the top polytechnic in 2008. I must say I really enjoyed my time there, and my brother also decided to join the polytechnic as well at my urging.

I am asked to share my volunteer exprience at IRAS for the new volunteers training session tomorrow. Clara has asked me to share in more detail for tomorrow, like what are the things to look out for? What to do when we meet by nasty people? I am given 5 to 10 mins to share. 4 years to be summarised into 10 mins. It is tough, but I will try.

Comments

Shionge said…
Thanks for highlighting this to us.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings