World Consumer Rights Day

img_02

I woke up unusually early today to accompany my mum to the World Consumer Rights Day event held at NTUC Centre at Marina Boulevard. The lack of sleep was well worth it, as we got to learn about the new amendments to The Fair Trading Act that will come into effect on 15 April 2009.

Some of the amendments include:-

  1. The quantum of disputed amount will be increased from $20,000 to $30,000.
  2. The Act would cover timeshare, timeshare related, financial & banking products.
  3. The cooling off period will be extended from 3 working days to 5 working days.

A surprise awaited us at the end of the programme as my mum and I walked home with the top prize of $800 Nuskin product hamper in the lucky draw. We haven't expected to win the prize though as both of us usually don't have such good luck for lucky draws.

I enjoyed the show very much as the emcee of the event was able to remember some of our names as we had participated in the games segment. He showed his compassionate side when I tried to go up on stage to answer the question in the game segment. He saw my difficuity in walking up the stage so he came down and allowed me to answer the question.

I enjoyed the magic cum illusion show and the skit performed by Kumar and friends too.

Thanks CASE for enriching our knowledge about our rights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings