Receiving The Award

IMG

I finally have the chance to show you guys what this outstanding award looks like and it came with a $40 Fairprice voucher too. Thanks to my Canon scanner cum printer! This was my 4th award in 5 years of service. This year was special as:-

I was asked to share my past expriences with 2 groups of new volunteers this year. It was a nerve wrecking exprience to share my past volunteer expriences with this new people, as I can’t scare new people who has come to help people who e-file their taxes. There are some nasty people as always, but generally people are very nice. I had people who again bought coffee for us, thanking us for our service.

I was asked to share my thoughts about the e-filling in the e-filing video tribute thanking us. I was glad that my quote was featured. My poly lecturer, Ms Cindy Yuen, who was there on behalf of the poly was surprised to see the quote too. Here’s the quote:-

“I have always felt that it is always great to help the taxpayers to e-file
their taxes, as I have been working with tax for the past six years.
It is my way of giving back to the community as they have given me a lot
despite my physical disability.

Look forward to help out once again next year.”

I got my mum to be my guest for this year once again. As usual, she was rather excited about it. The same can’t be said of someone whom I have regarded as a friend. She had deleted me from Facebook after I tried to invite her.

Anyway, its ok as some of them like Jonathan Teo, Angela, Wai Ling, Kay, Kok Leong congraulated me when they knew that I was getting the award.

I wish to thank Ms Clara Ng, Senior Corporate Communications Officer for arranging the special seating arrangement for me (to allow me to go on stage easily to get the award, and my mum for ease of photo taking.

I was surprised to see a Cacuasian attending the ceremony today. He was seated beside my mum. According to my mum, he was there to see one of his staff receive the award. I really admire this boss. He is so supportive of his staff doing voluntary work.

The photos should be up tomorrow as I am too tired to upload it today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings