Why Does One Don’t Want To See A Doc?

My mum and I are very fustrated by this grumpy relative of ours who is quite ill at the moment. The doctor has suspected he may be suffering from the dreaded “C” word, Cancer and would want to do further tests to confirm their findings.

However, he seems afraid to check himself into the hospital, and does not even bother to answer the phone calls when the nurse calls him stating a change in his medical appointment.  Instead he gives the hospital my mum’s contact number to shake off the nurse.We know that he is worried about the medical bills and have tried to assure him that Singapore is a country that helps a citizen when the citizen is in need, although there are some red tapes to overcome.

He keeps saying that no one understands or cares about him. When my mum and I visited him at his place last Friday, he didn’t even bother to thank my mum for buying him his dinner. Instead he scolded my mum for coming so late to visit him and getting the food that he does not want. It really made our blood boil as my mum and I had planned to attend the SSA Sensei Guidance speech, which is very rare. but because of him, we had to miss it as I know my mum can’t bear to cast him aside.

I just feel that he needs to understand that our lives are not like his. We have our day jobs, family and other things to look after. Therefore, please stop behaving like a baby when you are already 60 years old.

I know I may sound crude and rude, but his behaviour really pissed me off!!!

Comments

Kazzzzzzz said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kazzzzzzz said…
At 60 years, who wants to go through chemo?

At 60 years old, who wants to trouble family and friends?

It is natural for a person of that age (or any age) to be afraid. Afraid of diseases, and I believe what your relative thinks, the unknown..

No one has the same life. YOu seem pissed off by this relative. How would you react if you were the one with cancer?

60 means your relative is born after WW2 (which is actually quite a harsh time).. You have to understand he has not had a smooth journey through life. Perhaps he has had a bad encounter with hospitals before, or suffered some trauma with medical issues before. You have to be patient in finding out WHY this relative wants to avoid the hospital.

How can you judge your relative and call him baby?

You are downright rude and does not show any respect to your family members at all.

Please be tactful. No one wants to be talked about on a PUBLIC platform...

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings