End Of Practice Review

My young boss was relieved that the dreaded Practice Review was finally coming to an end soon. It appears that my firm had scored well in most areas. I am happy that the review will be over too as I really hated wearing ties to work. The reason is simple. It restricts me to breathe properly, even though I don’t really button up the top button as if I really have to do it, it will be super uncomfortable. I got this new techinque while watching a Channel 8 variety show on last Tue. A Cacuasian wore a tie without buttoning up the top button of his shirt. My mum thought he still look presentable and asked me to try it out this way.

Wearing ties these few days, I have discovered that my colleagues are really a gossipy lot. Much as I tried not to be too flashy with my ties, I had not updated my stable of ties for the past 10 years. Therefore, the ties I have, I must say are pretty colourful, with about 3 or 4 with cartoon characters. The reaction from my colleagues in these few days were, “Wow your tie, win liao lor, we lose already.”  There were even colleagues betting on what tie I will be wearing the next day.

My boss was okay with all my ties. In fact, she commented that my first day tie was the best. The one with a Snoppy character. I also received some nice comments from my office building security guard and my bus driver friend, Mr Lim, who has been picking me up this week to work on my usual bus service.

Since the review was only for a few days, I didn’t want to spend money to update my ties. Anyway, although I am reaching the big 3 this year, I think I am still young and I look young. People can say whatever they wish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings