Busy Start But Light Ending

I was on leave on Monday as I knew I would be a tired from attending Elaine’s wedding the night before, and I felt that I needed a break & I was afraid that my young boss may ask us to clear our past entitlement by Feb next year.

Was back to work on Tuesday. The first day without the my Malay receptionist. It meant that I had to do some of her admin work that relates to our department. I heard from my manager that she had wanted to say her goodbye to me the day before, but didn’t get the chance to. I actually said my goodbye to her on last Fri when I told her to take care and wished her all the best. Maybe she was too busy packing her stuff, as a result, she didn’t remember that I had said that. My manager was surprised that I was able to be on such good terms with the receptionist, although we had some differences in our work before. I guess nowadays, I try to forgive and forget. Like what Winston Churchill said, “ You made enemies in your life, Good. This shows that you stood up for people in your life.”

The tax provisions started to come in fast & furious on Tuesday. The whole team managed to complete them by Thursday. It was good to have something to work on, instead of reading e-tax guides and tax circulars. I was asked by my boss to guide my colleague about dropping urgent documents at IRAS today. Apparently, not many people know that IRAS open its premises for people to drop urgent stuff till 7pm. Even after that, we may drop mails or cheques to them at the letter box located next to the taxi stand.

After that, I went back to Orchard again as I had arranged to meet up with Jonathan & Josline for dinner today. At first, I had wanted to let them try the food at ION Orchard, but the crowd was brusting to the seams at most of the eateries there, so we settled at Big O at Wheelock Place. The food was great, especially the mudpies. After the dinner, all of us called it a night as we were all tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings