Surprise Surprise

There were a few surprises that I had at work and over at my phone. As some of you know that this month will be my busy month as the filing deadline for filing of corporate tax returns is 30 November 2009, which is about 16 days away.

Yet, my young boss took in many new clients whose financial year is in the financial year 2008 recently, and their financial statements, be it unaudited or audited were done by other CPA firms. This meant that we had to ask the clients to do the schedules for us since there was a directive from him that we need to ask client to do the schedules after the “Notes to the financial statements” fiasco not too long ago. The worst part was that the client did not know how to do the accounting schedules needed for tax purposes, and just threw the cash book to us and expected to work on the schedules using that. I wonder if the client knows the meaning of accounting schedules.

Had received 2 smses from 2 friends I have not heard for quite a while. I guess being married may make one lose touch with their single friends after a while for some, especially those with children. Anyway I was rather busy when one of them smsed me, and personally I don’t know how to answer his question as I believed I have given him the answer during his last sms about 6 months ago. I do not see the need to repeat myself again.

 

Sometimes I wonder if some of my friends pay attention to what I say. Anyway I am just happy the way I am now, with my job & new group of friends from the Singing @ K group.

The other friend, had asked me if a child is eligible for claim for Child Relief if the child is in NS. The answer is no as NS is not considered as a full-time educational institution and a Parent of NS Man Relief is given to them once the child is in NS.

My cousin is getting married next month, and according to Teochew tradition, we are supposed to be home tomorrow to receive the wedding cake & invite. Mum took the opportunity to nag about me not having a girlfriend again! I told her I don’t mind being bypassed yet again. In fact, I have fear to go into a relationship now, after a failed attempt early this year, that turned ugly. So I always believe not to jump in too quick into relationships without knowing the person well enough.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is your choice to listen to or ignore forthcoming advices which may or may not benefit you. But if you choose to stick to your own "always right" beliefs and start back-stabbing others without experiencing the circumstances yourself, you tend to lose more than what you would gain ultimately.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings