Birthday Dinner With Friends

I was treated to dinner by a group of friends from the KTV group who were not able to make it for the session that I had on Saturday. The group said that the dinner was in celebration of my birthday that is coming in 4 days time.

The dinner was at Watami Restaurant at ION Orchard. The food was quite okay. I thought that the side dishes were better than the main courses and some of the beverages were a little too sweet for our taste buds.

We had a good time catching up with one another. However, I was a little stunned by what one of them had to say about one of my new friends, after she happened to see one of the photos that the new friend and I took together on Facebook. Apparently, this friend of mine knows this new friend of mine as well and I think they may have had a nasty misunderstanding with one another. She advised that I should stop my friendship with her. (It is later confirmed by someone that they didn’t know each other. Just wonder why she spread such a nasty poison pen?) The conversation nearly got so heated up that one of our friends had to step in and cut us off the topic.

The friend who cut us off later advised me that I should adapt a “wait and see” approach before deciding my next course of action. I certainly agree with him that a person who may not get along with another person, may get along with others. There is no need to jump to conclusion so quickly as friendships certainly need time to develop and if I felt that if something is not right about the person, I could then pull the plug on the friendship.

I am at a loss as I certainly hope to keep more friends, rather than enemies.

What do you think? Am I on the right track of thought?

Editor’s note: Names have been withheld to prevent parties involved from being identified. I certainly do not want to have catfights from happening.

Comments

Anonymous said…
A can be your friend.
B can be your friend.
A and B might be enemies. But that should not influence your decision to be friends with both of them.
I think it is vindictive of B to tell you that you cannot be friends with A and vice versa.

Sigh....
Sometimes this 'I don't want to friend you' catfights hark back to kindergarden days.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings