Dinner With ACCA Classmates

I met up with my former ACCA classmates, Elaine and Tammy at Wheelock Place, Sun with Moon for dinner last night. Too bad, our other classmate, Peggy, was not able to join us due to her work commitments at her new job at Resorts World. The place was recommended by Tammy, as she thought that the place is good for ambience and great Japanese food. She also felt that it was also convivnent for me and Elaine, as she only knows how to drive to Orchard Road from her work place.

I thought the food was great, even though the pricing was a little on the high end. We paid about $50 per pax, which I thought it was ok, as I really like the decor and ambience of the restaurant. The sashimi was fresh and delicious.

It is always nice to catch up with them. Elaine and Tammy are happy for me that I have resumed my ACCA studies. Tammy said that I have made a good choice in choosing Mr Philip Woo of Singapore Accountancy Academy as he is able to relate better the concepts taught with real life expriences. I think she is right, as Mr Woo has certainly rekindled my interest in going forward in my ACCA classes again. What’s more, at a lower cost at about $110 cheaper.

Tammy and Elaine shared some good news that have happened to them recently. Tammy would be switching a new role at her work place next week. Knowing her, I think she will be able to carry the new role well. She said that she has been in the accounting line for quite some time, therefore she felt that she needed a fresh challenge. Elaine should be entering her next phase of life in about 9 months time. She seemed a little unprepared, but Tammy and I have encouraged her to stay positive. There is always a first time for everything. As the saying goes “船到桥头自然直”, meaning one will solve the problem when one faces it. As their friend, I am very happy for her.

Time always fly whenever we are catching up with another. We left the restaurant at about 9.30pm. Once again, I wish to thank Elaine for the ride home. She said she didn’t want me to squeeze with the crowds on the buses.

Till we meet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings