How Do You Treat Your Friends/ Girlfriends

Recently I had known a new friend from Facebook, who added me. She said that she had seen me in my ACCA classes before, but I don’t remember seeing her before. Maybe the classes were crowded, that’s why.

This gal, added me for the purpose to ask me to help her to look for a job. She had planned to look for an accounting job so that she can have the money to do her property agent course later as she has no interest in accounting.

I was quite stunned that she actually came over to my place the 1st day I knew her and told me her story about why she needed a job. Although I believed her story, I believed that she was asking for it, judging from what she wore to my place that day. She still said she was conservative. What’s more, she had the cheek to ask me for cab fare to get home. Although my brother had a good impression of her, my dad didn’t, judging from his facial expression.

The next few days were a nightmare, as she started to sms me that her boss was still sexually harassing her by touching her butt. I was pretty busy at work, and my audit partner, who was overseas at that time, was not around for me to ask if there was a available job for her at that time. She was pretty persistent on this, and it really put me off. I just told her to quit the job, but she daringly asked me for money again. I decided to give her, but I also smsed her my reasons for giving her. She claimed that she did send out resumes, but I have my doubts on that.

After that, she started saying that I am not a gentleman, how can I expect my future wife to work? A guy should feed the family. I agree on this point, but given the current situation in Singapore, it may be tough, although I would like to do that if possible. She also said a guy should pay for a gal’s meal on a date. This was something that I didn’t agree. I feel that unless the gals fall under the categories:-

  1. Your date/ gal that you are interested in
  2. Your wife
  3. Your girlfriend
  4. A friend that you have known for quite some time

At that point in time, I don’t think she fitted into point 3 in the above list, as I only had known her for less than a week. I just felt that she was not right to make such comments about me, based on what she knew about me in the short span of time.

When she told me that she needed help on how to write a resume, I actually sent her a sample of mine to follow. When she said that she had no Office software, I told her to use Google documents, worksheet and Powerpoint instead.

Then came the peace for about a week or so. Apparently, she had a new relationship and the boyfriend actually asked her to delete me from MSN and Facebook. A simple show of concern hit the raw nerve of a jealous boyfriend. All her ex & current boyfriends are pretty rich, something that I do not have and I am still working on it.

I had this feeling that this gal has been using me to achieve her goals and earn free meals.

Although I agree with her on some of the things that she said about me, like I am being sheltered and protected by my family, but who is she to say those nasty things?

Please advise on what should I do about this friendship? I have the answer in my mind to end it, just like what her boyfriend asked her to do. Anyway ending friendships is easy to me nowadays. Happiness come, sadness go.

Comments

Shionge said…
Hmmm...be careful as to who you 'add' as your friend. To me, it takes time to nurture friendship and trust is to be built up over the years.

Don't take her too seriously and delete her.
Paul said…
I agree with u Shionge. Thanks for the advice.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings