A Trip To The Subordinate Courts

It was my first time going to the Subordinate Court with a case hanging on my head on Tuesday. In fact, I have not been sleeping well since the incident happened last Friday. The lack of sleep made me rather frustrated. Fortunately, my friends & my boss have been advising me. This trip was one of those suggested by them. If not for them, I would not have known what to do as I was not aware that there was such an avenue in the first place.
I was there with my mum. I am thankful that my boss was able to grant me some time off to settle this on short notice.
The registry officer who took up my case happened to be my secondary school schoolmate. I thought there was to be some cost involved as I filed the complaint, but to my surprise, there was none.
The magistrate seemed unwilling to take up the case in the first place, but after looking at the circumstances surrounding the case, they decided to take it up. It took me a little convincing though.
Let’s hope the culprit can be brought to justice soon!!!

Comments

Angel said…
I'm surprised at the sluggishness of the Judiciary and Law enforcement bodies. Who's our friend in the registry anyway?

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings