Why Are Some People Like That?

I was quite surprised to read from The Straits Times Forum Page yesterday. The sight of this line, “Iras, PA sorry for volunteer's unpleasant experience” made me wanted to read the article online immediately, as being a long time volunteer of the exercise, this was the first time, such negative publicity has been made about the exercise.

I managed to find the letter that Mr Tan  wrote to the Forum Online, which was published on Monday. I was just surprised and shocked that he just dished out the unhappiness he had on the online forum as I felt that the issues that he raised could be solved if he had gone through the proper channels, IRAS & PA directly. I am sure that the IRAS Corporate Communications Officers would be able to assist him on this, even if Fuchun CC manager or its staff refuses to help him out.

As for the lack of organisation at the CC, it will be good for him to e-mail directly his suggestions to the CC manager directly, rather than pouring it out directly to the online forum. This was what I did for this year when I highlighted the problems that we have faced at the Serangoon CC to the manager, Ms Angie Lim & IRAS Corporate Communications Officers, Ms Stacey Wong & Ms Clara Ng. They have been very prompt with their email replies, I must say, as they usually reply by the next day when I email to them.

Finally, I just want to add that everyone has his or her 1st time in volunteering in the VES exercise. We must understand that it is already not easy to get people to come forward to volunteer. Everyone has got their own jobs or studies to look after. Besides that, I dare say, not everyone works in the taxation line like me, therefore it is already good enough that they are coming forward to volunteer as all these activities need time and effort. No one is perfect.

Your actions may cause people who may wish to volunteer their services for next year’s exercise have second thoughts about it.

Volunteering is not about getting recognised with awards. It should give you a sense of satisfaction that you are able to play a part to help the community and at the same time, learn about what tax filing is all about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings