World Cup In South Africa

My interest soccer started in the 1990 World Cup, which was hosted in Italy. The Italian National Soccer Team became my favourite team from then on. I particularly liked the defensive pairing of Paulo Maldini & Franco Baresi then.

For this World Cup, it will be an interesting experience for me and my family again. I have bought the Netherlands team jersey and was given my favourite team’s jersey by my uncle.

Here are my family predictions on the teams that may win the World Cup this year.

125px-Flag_of_Italy.svg 

Italy: Although they won the last World Cup in 2006 for the 4th time, and the team is considered as an old man’s team as most of the players who played in 2006 are still playing, I believe that experience counts in such a major tournament like this. Not forgetting the coach, Marcello Lippi, who led them to World Cup victory in 2006. He is an experienced coach that has won many titles in the Italian Serie A with Juventus.

125px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg   

Netherlands: A team with a bunch of talented footballers, but have always underachieved due to players’ infighting. If this team can overcome the problem, it won’t be a surprise to see this team win the competition, come July 11

125px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg

Brazil: A surprise from the team that plays samba football. My brother and I feels that this Brazil squad has a good defence and solid midfield this year. A good team’s foundation should be based on this.

125px-Flag_of_Germany.svg

Germany: Dad was saying this team will win this year. I was thinking he may be right, as even though Michael Ballack is out, I am sure the team will want to win it since the last World Cup they won in 1990 as West Germany. The team has the squad of players to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings