Distance Fares Are Expensive

I have not been able to try out the new distance fares that were implemented since Saturday since I have been using the SBS Transit Season Pass that allows me to take unlimited rides on SBS Transit basic bus services at $98 a month.

Usually, I will take whatever bus that comes along and allows me to reach my workplace or destination at the fastest speed. I had a chance to try out how distance fares are calculated after boarding 2 buses that I was not able to use my Season Pass today.

My ride on Service 74e from my place to Marymount Road used to cost $1.55, after converting to distance fare today, the fare was $1.61. I took Service 851, a SMRT service to Thomson Medical Centre. The fare after transfer rebate used to be $0.19, but today, I paid $0.20.

As you can see, the fare before the conversion was $1.74, but today I am paying $1.81. The Transport Ministry said that there would be savings, but I am paying $0.07 more just for this transfer trip.

“More is savings”, where is it? I don’t get to see it. Therefore I made the right choice to continue with my Season Pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings