Birthday Celebration For Wendy

11_sundae

Picture courtesy of Swensens website

I was asked by my fellow IRAS volunteer friend, Wendy to join her for her birthday celebration dinner yesterday.

The dinner was supposed to be at Sizzler at Toa Payoh but I requested to change it at the last minute yesterday to Bishan Junction 8 as it was raining heavily. I acceded to the birthday gal’s request to go to Swensens, as I have the HSBC Credit Card which Swensens accepts for discount.

I managed to reach there by 7.15pm, 15 minutes after our appointed time. I nearly forgot about her birthday gift, until I managed to find some time to get her what she wanted as a birthday present, albeit a second choice one, as  I tried hunting very hard at the bookstore for that the day before.

I was quite surprised that she ordered a main course, fries & a Firehouse Happy Birthday ice-cream. That’s quite a surprise to see a lady with such a huge appetite. I knew that she was not going to be able to finish the ice-cream, so I ordered a light set meal and 2 scoops of ice-cream.

The birthday gal was certainly very shy, She had not wanted me to sing her the birthday song, but I still decided to sing it, in a toned down version, before asking her to blow the candle on the ice-cream.

We were disappointed with the service attitude of the service staff at the Swensens branch. My card was swiped for things that we didn’t call for, and the billing process was exceptionally long. Fortunately, the wrong transaction charged was voided. I don’t think I would want to go back to that branch again.

After that, I accompanied the birthday gal to the bookstore to choose some self-improvement books, which I think would be of help to her before sending her home.

I certainly hoped that the birthday gal enjoyed the dinner and my company. Smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings