Dangerous Bus Driving

images

I was on my way home after dinner from Far East Plaza. People who know me will know why I usually take a bus home, rather than the train.

I boarded the Service 143 (SBS 7489L) that came along about 10 minutes after waiting at the bus stop. On the bus, there was a passenger-in wheelchair. I could feel that the bus was running behind schedule, as the bus driver was somehow going quite fast.

As the bus was turning right approaching the bus interchange, the passenger-in wheelchair suddenly followed the bus sharp right turn and his face actually hit the exit door of the bus. I shouted at the bus driver to stop the bus, which he did and tried to help the passenger-in wheelchair. Fortunately, the passenger was not hurt.

How did the China bus driver forget to lock the passenger’s wheelchair, causing the passenger-in wheelchair to move at the same time when the bus turns? Why did the China bus driver turn so fast after the traffic light before Toa Payoh Interchange?

This shows that the China bus driver was not given enough time to practise safe driving on Singapore roads. I am wondering if SBS Transit & SMRT training for drivers are sufficient to equip them safe driving skills?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings