Work Musings

You can see that I have not been blogging so much about the bad stuffs that I encountered in my current job since I joined this company 3 years & 4 months ago. The reasons for this, is ever since that two auditors, who caused some problems in my job by not providing the assistance that I need left the company. In fact, one of them was asked to leave due to low productivity. The other reason is my interest in the job is fuelled by my bosses’ words that they feel that I am a capable worker that they feel that they can impart their wealth of knowledge to me. They have not disappointed me as I feel that I am still learning new things, despite being in the taxation industry for close to 8 years. Besides that, they have been supportive in my application for admission to the Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals. If they had not supported my application, I guessed I would be at a loss as to where I am heading as I know that I was losing confidence in the ACCA qualification. With this accreditation, there is something for me to fall back on.

I thought my nightmare was over, but recently, it came back again, after several auditors handling major cases of our firm failed to ensure proper accounting schedules were done up for tax purposes. As a fellow co-worker of the firm, I agree that being an auditor is tough these days, with many changes to the FRS to take note, and the tight timeline being put on by my audit partners. But I note that you guys always take advantage of us, using your bosses to hurry us to complete the tax provision. Please note that in all the other audit firms that I have worked for, the auditors have to work on the tax provision themselves. The tax department of the firm is only in charge of the preparation of the final tax computation and the completion of the Form C or income tax return. You guys do not know how privileged you are. In fact, I have ex audit colleagues calling me and asking me for help with doing tax provisions after they left the firm. I would actually name most of my auditors lame ducks as they lack of this critical skill to do tax provisions. This would reduce the marketability, should they decide to switch jobs.

Actually, I feel that the client should do the accounting schedules themselves as they are definitely more familiar in their field of work, rather than us the tax agent or the auditors. Otherwise, we are no different from account clerks as we do up the schedules from general ledger.

This was definitely a very pent up and frustrated Paul, who is not about to give up on his interesting and exciting job for the time being but certainly wants my audit colleagues to know that everyone has a job to do, not only you but me too. 

Comments

gonnie said…
I do my company audit schedules but I dun like it~ :p
Paul said…
No one likes to do the dirty work but someone still have to do it.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings