A Good Deed

index

Picture courtesy of Google

I was out of my office and was about to cross the traffic light to the bus stop, when I saw a Service 111 bus (SBS 9247) with its hazard lights on. Finding it strange that it has no passengers on board the bus, my 1st instinct was the bus has most likely broken down. I decided to go over to see how I could assist the bus captain when the lights turned to my favour.

The bus captain was one of the few that was transferred from Service 74, the bus that I usually took on my poly days to school. He told me the bus had a loss of gear. Apparently, there was a string of buses behind him that was not aware that the bus had broken down. I told him to open the cover of the bus & take out the triangle sign to warn the other buses. I also helped him to signal out the buses behind him, before helping him to make a call to their HQ informing of the breakdown. I also advised him to take out the service plates too, to avoid misunderstandings with commuters, who thought that the bus was still working.

It feels good to do a good deed once in a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings