Trip to The Singapore Flyer

My mum had asked me what I had wanted to do since I will be on a week’s leave from work. I told her I had lined up some programs for myself, since I had decided not to take any holiday trips in view of the uncertain economic outlook and bad weather that has been affecting the region recently.

I had requested my dad  to bring us to the Singapore Flyer. My dad works in a company, whose staff are allowed to bring up to 4 persons to the Singapore Flyer at a hugely discounted staff’s price for a ride that usually cost about $30 per pax.

I was joined by my parents & my mum’s colleague, together with her colleague’s child. I would say that the ride was rather enjoyable especially with a little kid running around, bringing laughter to all of us.

SGF4A6512830018SGF7C7E5B830018SGF7FA177830018.sgf4ef00c5b17d0d2.70400540SGF519385830018SGFAC4E8C830018.sgf4ef00e8425b346.19967851SGFD16435830018.sgf4ef00e31ac2e11.57740443

I let you guys make a guess as to how much these photos, which has a hard copy and soft copy that needs to be downloaded from a website. Let’s just say, if not the discounted tickets my dad had for the Flyer, I would not have purchased the photos taken by the official photographer.

PB140030

After the ride, I went to Nex Shopping Mall. I decided to get a new watch for myself after I damaged the Solvil Et Titus watch in my fall at Bugis on Friday as I felt that the rubber strap watches that I had were not professional enough to match my office wear, given that I work in a mid-tier CPA firm. 

1_pic_1

I got a watch that is quite similar to this design by Solvil Et Titus. Although it is a little expensive, I have faith in the above watch as my previous one, lasted for 6 years, before the fall damaged the strap. I guess I shall treat this as my own birthday cum Christmas present then.

After that, I was at the Serangoon Garden Post Office to collect my birthday present from my Facebook friend, Amy, who sent it via registered post. Thanks Amy for the Famous Amos & the Winnie The Pooh. =)

PB140040

I was back at Nex at night to meet up with Wendy & Xiuling. The meet up was to celebrate Wendy’s birthday & my birthday. The dinner place was at Café Cartel. I would like to thank the gals for their gift, which I thought was useful, given that the budget constraints they had.

PB140042 

The biggest surprise was definitely from Wai Ling, who never fails to surprise me with her wordy birthday card every year, when I got it last night.

PB140043PB140044PB140045

Our friendship, I feel has grown stronger by the year. Sometimes a simple gesture is good enough to let the person know that you care. =) Thanks Wai Ling for the wordy card. I think our friendship has gone beyond what words can describe. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings