Short Break For Paul From Work

I have decided to give myself a break from the workload that I was having since I came back from my family trip from Shanghai last June, so as to recharge my batteries and start the next busy period for personal tax filing in late Feb & early Mar. Little did I expect myself to fall sick on the second night of my leave, nursing a fever, which got better today.

Wednesday

I had the opportunity to meet up with Grace from IRAS. Grace had been assisting me with the technical problems which I faced at work. The problem was finally solved on 2 January 2013, after a 6 month wait. Sometimes I wonder if boasting about “world class tax system” that we have helps because such a system fault should be resolved within a shorter time frame.

Lunch was at the vegetarian  lingzhi restaurant at Novena Square.This restaurant, operated by the Tung Lok Group serves food that I feel that it is not oily and taste not bad too. I also did not know that they have a branch at Liat Towers as well.

mi-1

After the wonderful lunch, I decided to reward myself with some shopping therapy at Junction 8. I was given Capitalland vouchers for my birthday but did not have the chance to use it, so decided to get myself some new working wear from G2000 to usher in the Lunar New Year. In the end, I managed to get two working shirts & a pair of working pants for myself. I was a little disappointed that I did not manage to get one of the colours that I wanted. I hope to find it in other G2000 stores before the Lunar New Year.

Thursday

I caught Les Miserables on Thursday afternoon. I had wanted to catch Taxi Taxi, but it was too bad, as I had felt that the timings were a little too rush for me. The change was right as I really enjoyed the movie, especially with Anne Hathaway’s performance.

Friday

A visit to the Marine Life Park at Resorts World Sentosa was planned immediately after I applied for the leave. I must say that I was not disappointed by the Marine Life Park’s showcase of fishes and other sea animals. I took the opportunity to visit the museum for free as well, since it was incorporated into the ticket. It was definitely a good first visit to RWS.

P1180050

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings