IRAS VES Appreciation Ceremony 2013

The VES Appreciation Ceremony for this year was very different from the past. Please allow me to go through the differences for this year which was different from the past.

The event was held at Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park on a Saturday morning on 25 May, in a major departure from the past where it was usually held at the Revenue House at Novena in June. We had a new Commissioner, Dr Tan Kim Siew, as the previous Commissioner, Mr Moses Lee moved on to his new post at Sentosa Development Corporation. This was also the first time, which the Commissioner did not give out any award to the award winners. Instead he presented the prizes to the GIRO Lucky Draw winners and we had received our awards from Ms Jessica Tan, MP for East Coast GRC, GPC Chairman for Finance & Trade & industry. There was a celebrity host for the event, Ms Belinda Lee, Mediacorp actress. I was surprised by her frankness and her request to have a photo with me, before the end of the event.

This was also the 1st time my mum was not able to attend the event as it was the long weekend and she decided to go for a short trip with my dad & his classmates so I got some of my friends to join me. I was glad that Ann, Jue Liang, Alex, Sharon accepted my invite and actually made their way from the East & West of Singapore to grace the event. I would like to thank them for gracing the event. For those who were not able to come due to various reasons, I appreciate the support from you guys and gals.

263251_378330868945010_2058867989_n

My group of friends Ann, Jue Liang & Sharon (Photo courtesy of the IRAS Facebook Page Photographer)

Paul Lee

Me receiving the award from Ms Jessica Tan

IMG-20130525-WA0009

My friend, Alex in the background, would like to thank him for some of the shots here.

Paul_othersVolunteers grpVolunteers grp_2

  1. My photo with Belinda Lee
  2. My Group photo with fellow volunteers & the IRAS officers
  3. My group photo with the other volunteers

image

I was certainly surprised to find my photo with Belinda on her official Facebook Page two days later. I was alerted by my volunteer friend that I had appeared on Belinda’s official Facebook page. It was certainly a nice surprise. I would like to thank her for those encouraging words. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings