My Views About The Haze Problem

The recent topic that has been on almost everyone’s lips must be the haze. I actually debated in my mind if I should share about what I feel about this haze problem and not sounding too much like a political mouthpiece. After much debate, I decided to share with you guys about how I feel.

  • The accuracy of the PSI

Much hoo-ha has been made about the PSI being not an accurate reflection of what we see & feel when we are on our errands outside. In the Sunday Times today, there is an article which tells us how PSI is measured. Besides that, I feel that the other factors that we need to consider when we read into the PSI index is our Government does not wish the nation to be plunged into unnecessary panic and chaos if the PSI index is really that high. Our tourism and retail industry will be the first to be impacted, should this happen. The rush for the N95 masks at the major hospitals, retail outlets is a warning sign that the nation is in panic already.

  • Hello Kitty vs Haze

I was quite surprised to read the article on Channel News Asia website on Thursday morning that the Hello Kitty fans & collectors had started queuing for their Hello Kitty soft toys as early as 1.30am at Sun Plaza when the PSI was at the unhealthy range. I was wondering if completing the collection of a soft toy is more important than your own health. If I was unwell from the hazy conditions, I would have stayed home and rest early and I would really discipline myself by not going out.

  • The Rush for N95 masks

The rush for the masks really shocked me. According to my friends who are working in the hospital as nurses & pharmacists, the mad rush for the masks really shocked them. Their masks were wiped out, when the haze levels were at the unhealthy ranges.  I am not surprised that about this. Even though, there is sufficient masks to go around, but I do believe that the hospitals & polyclinics need to keep stock for any sudden emergency like MERS.

  • Cloud Seeding For Rain

Our government has urged the Indonesia government to start cloud seeding for rain. One of my friends felt that why we are not doing our own cloud seeding program. Personally I feel that it is a good idea as it would provide us with some respite from the heat. But then again, the wind direction & the source of the fire is beyond our control as the wind will blow the haze back.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings