Interesting Happenings Since I Collected My SG Enable Pass

It has been about 2 months since I collected my SG Enable Public Transport Pass, which allows me to have unlimited bus & train rides capped at $60 per month with a hybrid pass and discounted bus fares for certain bus services.

Since getting the card, I have cutting down on unnecessary taxi rides, taking cabs when I felt that it was necessary as my transport bill is about 75% of what I spent previously.

I have used the card on Express services, Bus 74e & Express 502. My bus captain friend, Mr Lim, who drives Service 74e showed me that when I tap my card, it shows that a senior citizen has travelled on his bus. That’s funny, as it means I should have my hair bleached. Another interesting thing that I discovered was if I were to travel for more than 7.2km, the fare is capped at 7.2km.

I found that hanging a lanyard to display my pass helps, as the bus captain is able to see my pass clearly & also some people will automatically give up their seats to me. However, it has to be said, those people who gave up their seats to me are the senior citizens or Pioneer Generation Package recipients. The youths are mostly engaged in their tablets or smartphones.

The card is also my saviour at some traffic lights, as if I tap the card to the sensor, I am given more time to cross the road.

The card has allowed me to add on to the list of bus routes that I know too. I recently mastered Services 105, 106 & 190 and enhanced my knowledge of Express 502, as I had been stressed at work recently and wished to be alone. This was definitely a good way to destress by looking at the beautiful environment. I hope to cover Service 123, the amended Service 853 & Service 85 soon. =)

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings