Be On The Ball, Be It At Work Or Play

The recent happenings around the football world and in Singapore and at work makes me realise that our eyes must be on the ball no matter what we do.
  • LVG leaves Manchester United
    • The FA Cup win on last Saturday was not able to save his job at my favourite team. As much as I liked the fact that he gives the youngsters playing at the club a chance to play in the 1st team, he was not able to deliver the Champions League spot or the EPL title. I must say in some matches that I caught on Singtel TV, I actually fell asleep watching them.
  • Jose Mourinho appointed at Manchester United
    • As much as I have doubts about if he is going to use the youngsters at my favourite team, and the uncertainity surrounding Ryan Giggs' future, I feel that he could be the man to bring back the swagger to the team.
  • Finance Minister collapses at Cabinet meeting
    • This has something to do with the stress levels of working in Singapore. Being a Minister is not easy as the nation's well being is at your hands, therefore policies need to be well thought out. However, as the saying goes, work always cannot finish in Chinese, therefore one has to learn to pace oneself.
  • Whether the company survives requires everyone in the company to pool their efforts together
    • One should not be too selective about the tasks assigned by the boss, If the company does not pull through this economic slowdown, everyone in the company, including the families of employees will be affected.
  • The need to upgrade
    • Whether the company gives you study leave to study or not, it is always good to upgrade oneself so that we will not be outdated and perform our jobs better
This week, I overcame my phobia and decided to chat via the OKCupid app again, 2 years after a depressed gal had stalked me after I have known her on the app. However, I could be wrong, or maybe I may be too sensitive. The chat had started well, but when it came to the topic about my educational qualifications, she started to misunderstand me, and feel that I am boastful. The fortunate thing is that I have not met her yet, and what she said, have put me off a little. To think that she holds a job that I feel that I respect. It left me wondering if single child families are a little more self-centered, as this is not the 1st one I encountered like this. I agree with 2 of my friends who said that Singapore or Malaysian gals are more suitable for me, and I must be forthcoming about my physical disability. What she said was a little hurting, it prompted me to post this on my Facebook
Imagine if you are a new product, how would you market yourself, you will sell your good points, I believe. For me, I will do both, say the good and bad. Someone whom I met in the virtual world, who has not seen me in person, feels that I oversell on the good. Maybe so, but I think my life is a unique, difficult but positive and happy journey, despite the failures I had, what I went through. The same applies to everyone.
My friends who know me, will know that I have been through a lot to be where I am today. My own brother said that some of the things that I do surprised him and he is proud to have me as his brother.


I had the opportunity to catch up with Grace, my long time ICQ friend who has migrated to Perth and happily married with a child. It was good to catch up with her again after a 2 year hiatus.Hopefully the next meetup will not take so long to materialise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings