Shocked & Busy June & July

Hi all, it has been a while since I last blogged again as I had been busy with my work. It has been a shocking June & busy July for me.

It was a shock that my colleague & his wife was killed in a traffic accident in Malaysia on Hari Raya Puasa as they were heading back to visit his mother in-law. Although I was not on good terms with him as he always felt that I was my boss’ pet. In fact, he was the one who threw out the audit & compilation co-ordination work to me and my boss had to hire an assistant for me to handle this. I felt sorry for him as his 2 children are still very young, and wonder who would take care of them.

I was called into action by my boss on the following morning of his passing, to handle matters relating to his passing, and assist to find a replacement via the relevant Job Portals. She also asked me and my assistant to pick up and learn XBRL from my corporate secretarial colleague as the recruitment of staff ran into some hiccups.

Besides this, IRAS made the decision that they will be migrating their e-services to CorpPass from Sep 2018. As I have been appointed by my boss to be the administrator, I had to take up this task. Fortunately, the 1st test session went well and the IRAS officer assigned to me was someone that I was familiar with, thanks to my days as an IRAS volunteer e-filer & frequent appearances in IRAS seminars.

I was also involved in the pilot testing of the corporate tax e-filing. The system also had a lot of hiccups, so much that I decided to feedback to them, when I was at the CorpPass migration briefing. The IRAS officers actually came up to me personally and shared that they valued my feedback and I was surprised that they actually mailed a token of appreciation to my office. I felt it was a nice gesture from them and it was good too as my office has a broadcaster who always broadcast that I have been on the media for my volunteer exploits. I feel that letting her broadcast about this will also let my bosses know that I am very on about my  job too.

I have been trying to source for a place for my community tax filing project for the taxi drivers & PHC drivers since the last one ended in April 2018. Recently, the authorities came out with a new tax treatment for these drivers which is set to be legislated soon. I was not surprised that when I was put this up on their relevant members’ run Facebook groups, the questions came in fast & furious, and someone in the industry had the cheek to give the wrong information to these drivers. Not to worry, I will still continue to help these people wherever I can.

 

I thought that this song is motivating, and it is by my idol. Talking about him, I had trouble getting tickets for 4 days when the tickets were on sale. I was fortunate that someone gave up her ticket and sold to me. Although I had my reservations as it is not a physical ticket, but there is no harm to give people benefit of the doubt after so much detailed questioning by me.

Looking forward to the concert as I need my break. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings