Change

It has been a while since I last blogged. My mood have been affected by my work recently. The fortunate thing was that there was singing, JJ Lin’s concert & volunteering to keep me balanced & sane for the time being. The next concert that I will be looking forward to will be the Kenny G concert on 8 Nov, not forgetting my group ktv sessions tomorrow and on 20 Oct. I am also looking forward to 2 birthday celebrations, 2 gatherings & 2 weddings to attend to.

Since my colleague’s passing in mid June, my boss seems to have undergone a major change. It did not help the fact that all the stuffs that I am supposed to do had to come at the back of one another. The secondment to the corporate secretarial department was unexpected and I expected the brickbats from my colleagues that I was helping as they do not seem to appreciate the fact that I was helping them. In fact, one of them even remarked that “Don’t be too happy yet, there is more to come” after I had managed to complete my 1st XBRL with just 2 hours of training from my colleague. If you were me, how would you react after hearing this sentence? I was glad that the 1st new hire came in mid August and I was glad that I no longer had to face the wrath of these unreasonable colleagues, as she was able to handle XBRL well.

CorpPass was a nightmare for me. It was fortunate that I had chosen to participate in the pilot testing as the system screwed up on me on the test date. As it was a Saturday, I had to wake up early and do the testing at home as I did not have the office key. The data migration from IRAS EASY system failed on 1st instance, and it made me really livid. It was fortunate that I had Silver Generation Engagement planned after this, otherwise the day would have been spoiled rotten. This marked the start of me calling the IRAS officers that had been assigned to me over the next few days, some of these using my personal HP to try to resolve the issues by 1st September. I was glad that I did manage to resolve the issue after doing 6 nights of trial and error at home. My conclusion on the system is that it is cocked up system that needs further improvement and the instructions are not clear enough, the senior citizens who are running businesses are going to have issues using and registering for it. My boss, who has zero IT knowledge, thought that the migration will be done automatically by IRAS, and thought that I have been chit chatting with the IRAS officers.

Just yesterday, when we were having a face to face meeting, together with my manager, she mentioned that I was not steady enough as I did not inform her that I had done the migration. This is not the first time she said that I withheld information from her, because I did tell her about this. I still remembered that she had initially forbidden me to attend the briefing, claiming that it is a waste of time. In this meeting, she shared that she may want to promote me, but after hearing this, I am not sure if I can trust her again for the time being.

Some friends have been telling me to go, since I am spending my time doing all the shit work, instead of what I am hired for. Some friends said I should stay on after being so long in the company and I am given exposure to all departments. My physical handicap could be a factor in employer’s eyes too.

What should I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings