Random Thoughts

 Work

It has been a while since I last blogged. I feel glad to say all has been going well on my job front. I am enjoying my new role as a tax supervisor in the firm. It has been great to have supportive bosses and colleagues. It is back to enjoy going to work everyday, although it means transferring 3 buses on my trip to work and vice versa, although the distance seems short on the map, it still takes about 45 minutes to get to work.

My favourite route to work will be taking Service 76 from my place to Tai Seng MRT, switching to Service 62 and switching to Service 8, 90 or 151 to get to office. My knowledge of bus routes is helping me a lot in getting me to choose this route. Although it is the shortest, Service 76, is notorious for its long waiting times, so I usually end up taking Service 25, 55 or 132 and switch to Service 62 at Blk 709 or Blk 1 at Hougang Ave 2 or Hougang Ave 3. I tried switching to Service 151 once, but was stuck in a jam at Old Airport Road.

This role has been something that I wanted, able to work on something that I love, at the same time, I am able to impart my skills to the assistants that are under my charge. Both ladies have expressed their happiness and satisfaction working with me.

Volunteering

After a break for about 3 weeks, I resumed volunteering for Silver Generation Ambassador Programme. A volunteer friend of mine had suggested that I should drop out of this as my job nowadays involve a lot of walking on weekdays and I certainly do not want to tire myself out. An incident happened when I resumed volunteering last weekend and it really make me think about if I should give up volunteering for this programme. The incident made me feel that I was not valued as a volunteer, so I am thinking if I should stop volunteering since I do not feel that I am valued. The pull factor is the friendships that I have established with quite a number of people in the course of volunteering in this programme.

Anyway, even if I do not volunteer for this, I still have the following programmes or CSR to look forward to such as Grassroots Leader, where I am serving as a assistant treasurer in my neighbourhood. On top of that, I also have my monthly ktv group events to plan and my role in TATA SMRT, where I assist people to recommend alternative travel routes. Not forgetting, my yearly CSR program in helping the self-employed e-file their taxes. It gives me great satisfaction that the new volunteers are enjoying the programme and are asking me if they can volunteer next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings