Someone Just Don't Know The Meaning of RUDE!!!

After listening to Rebec mei's advice yesterday, I decided to give it a try to let the Aeroplane Flier know what were the things that I was upset about last Saturday.

I smsed her that I was upset by some of the things she said & some of the questions that she asked during that gathering. In the sms, I also state that some questions which she asked can't be answered in that situation, therefore putting me in a tight spot.

Her reply was almost instant. "Are you sure that I was the one who asked a lot of questions? It wasn't me. This lady doesn't seem to realise the folly of her actions, therefore leaving me with little choice but to blog out the whole incident and let you guys be the judge.

12 May 2007 - Sat

I got an early morning sms from her that she is trying to organise a gathering which will have me, Von, herself, her bf, Peifen & her hubby, Caifeng & her hubby on 19 May or 26 May. Knowing her pattern of not showing up at the last minute, I told her to go ahead and organise & confirm the date & let me know once everything is confirmed. She smsed back & said she will let me know on Thursday.

17 May 2007- Thu

No reply from her. I was thinking I will be right again this time as it has been Dec 2006 since she said she wanted to meet us but her work was too busy. The excuse is all too familar to me.

20 May 2007 - Sun

I woke up to find that there was a missed call alert after I on my hp. It was from her. As I was still trying to open my eyes, I just smsed her what's up? She was to call me after a while and said the following:-

"Hi, good morning, it is actually nearing afternoon already.
Just to let you know that the rest of them will be able to make it
on the 26th. Can you make it?
I told her I can, and will be bringing a friend as I had a prior arranged appointment with her. I didn't tell her who that friend was, but I told Caifeng, as she knew who Stella is and it was since Oct last year the 2 of them actually saw each other.
21 May 2007 - Mon
AF saw me online and kept pestering me to ask me who the gal was. I told her you will know on Sat. She knows Caifeng & Von too. She started to question why I intro them to Stella but not her. I told her, u missed my b-day celebrations, that's why. She said that she wasn't invited for the 2006 one. (She still has the cheek to say), when she didn't show up at the last min for the 2004 & 2005 one when she was invited with her bf.
In the end, I told her who the guest was. Her 1st question was "Is she your gf? I just told her is my female friend, not my gf.
This was when I decided to tell Stella about ignoring the probing questions that AF may ask her. I guess I did the right thing.
26 May 2007 - Fri
Meet at Clarke Quay MRT at 6pm tomorrow, K? She didn't even that my msn nick was changed to " I won the Outstanding Volunteer Award Again." She didn't even congratulate me, some more say I know Paul for 10 yrs.
27 May 2007 - Sat
I was there early as I was back in my office to work. AF called me at about 4.15pm, saying that she will be Clarke Quay MRT Station at about 6.30pm. Before I left my office at 5.15pm, I smsed Stella, Caifeng & AF that I will be early as I be coming down from my office @ Beach Road.
I was there at 5.40pm, 40 mins before the agreed time. Stella arrived later at about 6.05pm. I told her the rest of them will be late. The rest of the story was in the post dated 27 May 2007.
Some parts were taken out from the post that day, as I thought I could resolve the issue properly with AF. AF told Stella, right in front of me, Peifen & her hubby that we could have known each other earlier, as I am a long-time friend of Paul. All thanks to him that I know you so late.
What is she trying to do? You know me for 10 years, is it a big deal? I know my pal R
for 10 years too at the same poly. You think you are my good friend? I know that she was not happy that Von & Caifeng knew Stella first.
Later at the resturant and outside the resturant, she asked me and Stella the following questions.
  1. What are you working as, Stella?
  2. Paul, How u know Stella?

Although I answered & Stella answered, I do find it very probing and was thinking when she could stop it.

Today was the best. She wanted to find out from me, what she said that upset me, but she kept MSN-ing me when I was working. She insisted on settling by 6.30pm today. I told her it was not possible as I was having class. I could call her at 10.30pm if she wants to know. It ended up when she called, the lecturer was walking in already and I was on the phone with D, who taught me how to deal with her. Felt like asking her, if she understood the MSN message I typed saying that I was busy and had class. Wonder why got such rude people around?

Like what Rebec mei say, some people just do not know their limits. Do you think AF have crossed the limits?

Editor's edit: AF finally called up early afternoon of the Public Holiday and asked me what was it that she said that gotten me so upset. I told her that I was upset by :-

  1. AF told Stella, right in front of me, Peifen & her hubby that we could have known each other earlier, as I am a long-time friend of Paul. All thanks to him that I know you so late.
  2. The part when she said why I didn't send her home, and I replied her that Stella was just a friend of mine.

She said she was just joking when she said point 1. She said that I sound stressed and very serious when I spoke to them that day. I just told her "Yes. I am stressed but that doesn't mean that u can use point 1 as a joke." I told her that she could have known Stella earlier if she did come for my birthday celebrations. She continued by saying that I was very serious & firm as compared to the last time she saw me 6 months ago. She said, " We have been friends for so long, can't u tell if I am joking?"

For point 2, I just told her, I did mention to her before that Stella is not my girlfriend and I told her not to mention again for specific reasons that I think my clever readers of this blog should know.

She apologised to me later, and wished me good luck for my exam and she will decide on another gathering later.

Based on advices from close friends and sisters, I think I know what to do, should the next gathering comes around.

What do you think of AF?


Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, I guess AF really is Naive in the social aspect.

Suggestions:

[1] Call and chat with her face to face. Guess SMS is too hard to get her to see the main point.

[2] Write an email to her. From #1 to the most recent one, let her know exactly what effect her words had on you (and your affected friends)

[3] Give her warning. If she continues, she'll be in your ignore list and you'll take it that you never had this friend.

[4] Learn to be more accomodating to her since you know she's not even aware. No point bringing yourself down to her level. Right?
Paul said…
I have tried 1, 3 today. But I doubt she knows she is wrong as I have spelt it out quite clearly in e phone conversation.

Thanks A for e idea anyway.
curryegg said…
I think AF should know that her action was actually hurting and bothering other people. Maybe you should just ignore her and make a distance for sometimes. It may be better... ;D
Dalicia said…
don't invite to gatherings. what a spoiler!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings