Euro 2008 Poster Team : Turkey

turk-412

Picture courtesy of Soccernet

Although this team lost to Germany in the semi-finals, I really would like to salute this team for their "never say die" attitude. Their comeback wins against Czech Republic & Croatia has shown that as long as a person never gives up till the last moment, he is still capable of turning the situation around despite the odds against them.

For the record and for those people who don't watch soccer, Turkey played the game against Croatia without 6 of their first team players. For the match against Germany, they were without 9 players. Yet, they were able to take the game to penalties & won against Croatia & was able to score first against Germany, despite losing 3-2 in the end.images

My next hope is for Russia led by this guy, Gus Hiddink to beat Spain in the other semi-final tonight, and beat Germany to win Euro 2008.

Germany has not impressed me much in this tournament, while Spain knocked out one of my predicted finalists, Italy out by penalties. I stand by my prediction that Russia will win the Euro 2008 on 29 June.

Comments

Dalicia said…
i feel the same way that russia may win :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings